Find out which hotels made the cut in TripAdvisor’s annual ranking of the best places to stay in the U.S.
RELATED: More Travel and Lifestyle Coverage
Like any list, the winners reflect the habits and preferences of the company’s users and readers. That’s why TripAdvisor’s picks may be different than those selected by the users/readers of Condé Nast Traveler, Travel & Leisure or other magazines and sites aimed more specifically at high-end travelers. It’s also wise to remember that smaller properties receive fewer reviews because they book fewer guests than larger properties, a fact that might give big hotels an edge.
While not gospel, TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice Awards do provide travel inspiration. Consider these winners when planning your next trip.
2017 Travelers’ Choice Awards: Top U.S. Hotels
1. Nantucket Hotel & Resort, Nantucket, Mass.: Established in 1891 and renovated in 2012, the Nantucket Hotel & Resort is situated in downtown Nantucket, two blocks from Children’s Beach. The property offers hotel rooms, one- to four- bedroom suites plus one- and two-bedroom cottages. The resort offers spa and exercise facilities for adults as well as children’s programs.
2. The Charmont Hotel, La Crosse, Wis.: The Charmont Hotel offers 67-rooms in a renovated, 1898 candy factory that’s blocks from the Mississippi River. Guests especially like the rooftop terrace.
3. The Oxford Hotel, Bend, Ore.: Located in downtown, the 59-room, Oxford Hotel prides itself on being “an eco-chic boutique” with an AAA four-diamond rating.
4. The Stephanie Inn, Cannon Beach, Ore.: The oceanfront property, about 80-miles from Portland, has spa services and good food. The hotel offers beach picnics, bonfires and bubble baths with wine service.
5. The Inn at Lost Creek, Mountain Village, Colo. Situated in Telluride’s Mountain Village, the Inn provides slope-side convenience to ski season’s lifts and to summer’s hiking and biking trails.
6. French Quarter Inn, Charleston, S.C.: Welcome champagne upon arrival and milk and cookies at turn down are just some of the special touches of this property in the heart of Charleston’s historic district.
7. Icona Diamond Beach, Wildwood Crest, N.J.: The Icona, located on one of New Jersey’s few private beaches, has beach attendants in season who serve cocktails and snacks. The resort, open-year round, is not far from Cape May.
8. Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa, Jackson, Wyo.: The 32-room hotel, an AAA Four-Diamond winner, combines upmarket, but casual lodging with a sense of Jackson Hole’s Old West heritage.
9. Ambassador Hotel Tulsa, Autograph Collection, Tulsa, Okla.: The 55-room hotel is known for larger-than-average guest rooms and downtown location near the Tulsa Performing Arts Center and within one mile of the Brady Arts District.
10. Hotel Emma, San Antonio, Texas: Each guest is welcomed to the hotel, a former 19th century brewery, with a traditional La Babia margarita. The eclectic décor of the 146-room, riverside property combines old fans, brickworks, pipes and industrial beams of the former brewery with leather wing chairs, turn-of-the-century settees, and such western touches as wagon wheels and cow hide upholstered chairs.
Follow Candyce H. Stapen on Twitter: @FamilyiTrips