Bouley, the New York City restaurant serving French cuisine, rates as the top restaurant in the US, and Martin Berasategui in Lasarte, Spain, a three-star Michelin winner, ranks as the world’s best restaurant according to TripAdvisor’s newly released Travelers’ Choice awards.As a bonus for TripAdvisor’s community, this year many of the award-winning establishments share their recipes. Discover Bouley’s secret to chicken baked en cocotte; Victoria & Albert’s, (Orlando, FL) smoked Buffalo with melted fennel, leeks, and hearts of palm; and Martin Berasategui’s pickled oyster with iced cucumber.
TripAdvisor is in the process of posting these recipes on their blog. You can also download recipes from many winners at Taste the Best of 2015.
Travelers to New York City can savor three top-10 winners. Visitors to Chicago; Austin, TX; Charleston, SC; Orlando, FL; Seattle; Berkeley, CA; and Houston have one restaurant to try in each city. In France and England, head for three winning places in each country, and in Spain, Canada, Copenhagen, and Minato, Japan, sample one award-winner in each nation.
See the entire list here.
Reserve these outstanding restaurants well in advance. If you cannot get a dinner reservation, try lunch. If that fails, you can always roll up your sleeves and try to follow the recipes.
TripAdvisor’s Top 10 US Restaurants
1. Bouley, New York City. (Also, #15 on TripAdvisor’s World list)
2. Alinea, Chicago. (Also, #16 on TripAdvisor’s World list).
3. Le Bernadin, New York City.
4. Uchi, Austin, TX.
5. Halls Chophouse, Charleston, SC.
6. Victoria & Albert’s, Orlando, FL.
7. Canlis Restaurant, Seattle.
8. Chez Panisse, Berkeley, CA
9. Daniel, New York City.
10. Pappas Bros. Steakhouse, Houston.
TripAdvisor’s Top 10 Restaurants in the World
1. Martin Berasategui, Lasarte, Spain.
2. Europea, Montreal, Canada.
3. Maison Lameloise, Chagny, France.
4. Adam’s, Birmingham, England.
5. Restaurant Sat Bains, Nottingham, England.
6. Geranium, Copenhagen, Denmark.
7. PIC, Valence, France.
8. Narisawa, Minato, Japan.
9. Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons, Great Milton, England.
10. Epicure, Paris, France.
Photos courtesy MD Magazine